Meditation - the pathway to your Intuition
Meditation is the pathway to your inner guidance, your intuition or 'natural inner knowing'
For millions it is the pathway to connecting deeply with your inner self and innate inner guidance, to release stress and invoke more peace and happiness into you everyday life ....
Everything in the world is energy ...
- This includes the thoughts you think
- The emotions you feel
- The words you say
- The actions you take
- Your your dreams and visualisations
- Prayers and meditations - they are all energy creating energy.
The more you repeat any thought or action, the faster they will manifest as experiences in your ‘outer’ world, the world experienced via the five senses.
Accessing your inner space means allocating a part of your daily life to creating a relationship and awareness of a different kind with yourself.
This extends into and influences the quality of your daily life and all relationships including the relationship you have with yourself ...
Intuitive experiences come in many ways
- Intuitive experiences express themselves in many varied ways unique to each of us, some of which are bodily sensations, imagery and emotional feelings.
- The practice of meditation trains us to more easily and gently discern between the two.
- The aim is always to increase awareness of both thoughts AND intuitive experiences not to repress or suppress one in favor of the other.
- This in turn opens us to great spaces of calmness where natural perception spontaneously occurs.
Identify between your intuition and your thoughts
As each thought is a form of energy which flows through the individual and collective mind, observing them increases our awareness of the difference between a thought and an intuitive experience.
- One valuable aspect of the daily practice of meditation allows us to identify or perceive our thoughts more easily.
- Meditation helps us observe the type and nature of the thoughts and how we do or don’t engage with them.
Awareness – your biggest guide to intuitive accuracy
A secondary value and no less important, is the benefit of an increased ability to focus.
Focus means holding your attention and awareness for longer periods on whatever you wish to achieve experience or create – this applies to business, life and relationships.
By practicing a simple meditation for 5 – 10 mins (or longer) once or twice daily, your ability to focus and achieve, increases proportionally
Meditation decreases stress fast
- Another excellent value is that of stress management – luckily this has been scientifically verified
- The longer the period meditated and the greater the gentle ability to focus increases, the slower the breathing, the less frequent the thoughts, the slower the brain waves and thus an alpha state is achieved.
- In the alpha state, the whole mind/body as an energy field, relaxes and expands – this effects our physiology, stress levels, hormonal balance, general optimism, happiness and physical energy availability
Meditating gives you a hugely improved quality of life, love, relationships and more …. enjoy!
Begin your meditation practice daily and simply ...
Initially we can begin a daily meditation practice for a short, enjoyable amount of time and repeat once or twice daily … and we commit to doing it daily, no matter what or where (that’s how you get the benefits).
Some people may be happy with 20 – 30 minutes every day, others may be happy with 5 -10 minutes once or twice daily and others may be happy with 1 – 2 hours every day.
It is an individual experience based on what works best for you.
The Upanishads (sacred texts which are thousands of years old) tell us …
“As great as the infinite space beyond, so is the space within the lotus of the heart.”
The ability to enjoy the exploration of the outer universe is proportionate to our ability to enjoy our inner world…”
Let’s begin now xx
Breathe awareness meditation is a simple place to begin your daily practice. This is suitable for all age groups including children;
- Avoid outer distractions by turning off the phone, hanging up a ‘do not disturb’ sign, letting your family know, whatever is appropriate
- Sit comfortably with your legs crossed (floor) or feet flat on the floor (chair) and back straight but not rigid
- Place your thumb and index fingers together (called a mudra) on top of your legs with your palms upright
- close your eyes gently
- Focus your awareness on the breathe gently entering and leaving your nostrils
- This breathe awareness practice is one of many so as you settle into this practice, always gently and consistently return your awareness to your breathing whenever the mind wanders
- Even if the mind is very active with many thoughts coming and going, continue to return your awareness to observing your breathing – no criticism, judgement, just awareness
Regular practice of this technique increases your ability to focus and concentrate ... it's most profound contribution is to your ability to engage, appreciation and enjoy your life in every moment
- No two meditations are ever the same so gently persist daily for great benefits
- Increase your meditation times as you feel drawn to once to twice daily
Your aim is to calm the mind through breath awareness – this naturally increases your peace of mind, awareness and creativity, problem solving and aids you in experiencing the difference between a thought AND an intuitive experience … and much more.
©copyright 2019 Yolanda Cholmondeley-Smith is well-known as an intuitive clairvoyant consultant and medium, Meditation and Reiki Teacher, writer and transformational guide.
She is the author of many articles and an e-book - 'Your life Your Future' about global predictions and trends, intuitive awakening, personal growth and creative success.
You may also like ...
Whether by Skype, phone or in-person, Yolanda reads all aspects of who you are and how you can create a great, abundant and more beautiful life for yourself, now and in the future - relationships, your career and talents, home & family, work, health and much more. Comprehensive, detailed, accurate - READ ALL ABOUT YOUR GOLD READING HERE THEN BOOK ONLINE
Our most popular Reading - 60+ mins
Whether by Skype, phone or in-person, you receive a focused 'mini-view' of where you are now and how to move forward with clarity, confidence and ease. Focused, detailed, precise - READ ALL ABOUT YOUR SILVER READING HERE THEN BOOK ONLINE